School Rules and Regulations
Code of Conduct
Pupils are to:
- be punctual for school and lessons
- speak to everyone politely and respectfully
- greet teachers and staff members
- assemble in the hall every morning and be engaged in silent reading
- refrain from bringing any electronics devices or toys, except for prescribed calculators and dictionaries
- keep the classroom and school, clean and litter-free
- queue up to buy things, e.g. in bookshop, canteen
- report any incident of bullying, vandalism, stealing or wrongful behaviour to the teachers and not take matters into their own hands
- refrain from taking things that do not belong to them
- listen to instructions and follow them for own safety and well-being
- take care of school property
Pupils are to:
- obey class rules
- use six-inch voice when having discussions with classmates
- carry out classroom duties assigned
- greet every teacher, staff and visitor who enters the classroom
- make sure that the tables and chairs are arranged neatly before dismissal every day
Movement within the school
Pupils are to:
- walk briskly and not run in the school compound
- keep to the left when moving along the corridors or at staircases
- move quietly from one place to another at all times
- Attendance in school is compulsory. Pupils are required to be in school no later than 7.25am. Attendance will be taken by the first period of the day.
- Absence from school must be followed up by a medical certificate and/or where appropriate, a letter of explanation from parents.
- All pupils and staff who are Singapore citizens must sing the National Anthem and take the pledge. The pledge must be taken with the right fist placed over the heart.
Attire and Appearance
- Pupils are to wear the prescribed school uniform and modification to the uniform is not allowed.
- The school uniform should be worn on all days except on days where pupils have PE / PAL / MCCA lessons.
- The school uniform should also be worn on Wednesday morning assembly. (Pupils who have PE / PAL / MCCA on Wednesday are to change into PE attire after assembly)
- The school uniform should be clean and neat at all times.
- Pupils are to wear white canvas shoes with socks bought from the school vendor, with 'Stamford Primary School' embroidered on them. However, other white socks are also acceptable.
- Socks must be above ankle ball with no additional details.
- Skirt length should be no more than 3 fingers above / below knee.
- Boy's shorts should fit nicely.
- No jewellery and accessories are allowed to be worn. Exceptions: girls can wear simple ear studs (plain design) .
- Pupils must wear PE attire (PE t-shirt and PE shorts) on days where there is PE / PAL / MCCA lesson.
- Girls must wear PE t-shirts and school skirt and can change into their PE shorts during PE / PAL / MCCA lesson.
- Hair should be short, neat, and not touch the eyebrows.
- For boys, hair must be clearly above the collar and ears.
- All boys must be clean shaven, and no wearing of beard and moustache.
- For girls, long hair should be tied neatly. Hair bands and clips must be simply designed in black or navy blue.